Sorry to be so late posting this. I chatted with Jeff Carouth about his day to day worklife as a PHP guy (among other things) at Texas A and M. Learn the A and M mascot name, Jeff’s favorite design pattern, and more 🙂
Heading off to Moscow in a bit, but wanted to touch base with you all before I get on the plane 🙂 The Twitter Bootstrap project looks pretty cool, HP’s Touchpad died an untimely death, and I need a bit of help with some charting. Thanks to ComponentOne for being an indieconf sponsor! 🙂
- Twitter Bootstrap :: Bootstrap CSS/layout from twitter
- ComponentOne :: Indieconf sponsor and maker of Visual Studio plugins and tools
- Indieconf :: Conference for independent web professionals
Slight rant on what’s been bothering me with MVC directory structures, and a plug for Cal Evans’ Day Camp For Developers in October. indieconf discounts for listeners, and I’ll be in Moscow in September – let me know if you’d like to meet up.
- Day Camp for Developers :: Online conference series
- indieconf :: Take your web freelancing to the next level!
- Freelance Job signup :: tell me about yourself so I can refer work to you
- indieconf affiliate signup :: Earn money by referring people to indieconf
- PDF JS :: JS-based PDF rendering engine
- indieconf voting :: Vote for the indieconf sessions you'd like to see
- Freelance registration :: Freelancer looking for some projects? Let me know so I can refer projects to you!
Just a quick update on what’s been going on with me, some thoughts on estimating, and a new game system for getting started with Azure.
- Estimating :: Why can't developers estimate time?
- Rock Paper Azure :: Play Rock Paper Scissors on Azure!
- JSMag :: Server Side JS articles in JSMag
- Indieconf :: Sign up for indieconf announcements
- Lean Designs :: Easily create 960gs based templates
Farewell 2010 – it was a great run! A quick update and a few interesting new projects I’ve come across – new interviews in 2011!
- Mojolicious :: New MVC Perl framework
- TurboGears Announcement :: TurboGears joins the Pylons Project
- PHP JCR :: Jackalope update – PHP JCR API
Just a quick episode catching you up on some of the things I’ve been up to recently, as well as a few recent tidbits of interest.
- Tomcat 7 :: Tomcat 7 released
- ASP.NET Web Matrix :: Web Matrix from MS
- Razor view engine :: ASP.NET Razor view engine
- Postgresql 9 :: Upcoming Postgresql 9.0 release notes.
- ZendFramework starter kit :: Starter kit for Zend Framework
- TwilioKit :: Starter kit for Twilio using ZF
- Twilio :: Phone-app service in the cloud
- WebDevIndie :: Blogging on topics for independent web developers
Last episode I talked about twilio, and this episode I wanted to introduce you to quickfuseapps, and also bring you the announcement I couldn’t quite make last episode.
Indieconf is a conference for freelance and independent web professionals, to be held in Raleigh, NC in November. Visit indieconf.com for more, and use coupon code WDR to receive a webdevradio listener discount!
- QuickFuseApps :: If Yahoo Pipes was mashed up with Twilio, it would be this awesome
- Tropo :: Tropo is a Twilio competitor with some compelling features
- indieconf :: Conference for independent web professionals. Use coupon code WDR when registering
- CodingQA podcast :: Visit the CodingQA podcast 42 for more on WebMatrix and Razor
- WatirPodcast :: Learn more about testing with Watir