I had a fun time recording this 'open spaces' meeting at Codemash last week. This was led by Joe Brinkman from the DotNetNuke project, and joining us was Kevin Devine from the Euclid Public Library, Sara Ford from Codeplex @ Microsoft, Steven Harman from the Subtext project and Jay Wren from the Castle project (among other things, I'm sure). The sound was *decent*, although there was a shortage of mics. I also accidentally dropped Joe's volume on a few occasions, but overall it felt like a great chat, so here it is.
Topics include the pros and cons of getting Contributor License Agreements in place on an open source project, building community, a bit of good natured back and forth on Microsoft's role in all this, interesting comparisons to the Java community, and more.
BTW, this is just a sample of many of the informal chats that happen for 2 days @ codemash. If you like these types of discussions, join us next year!
- DotNetNuke :: DotNetNuke homepage
- Subtext project :: The subtext project homepage
- Codeplex :: Codeplex – Microsoft's open source projects site
- Sara Ford :: Sara Ford's blog
- Jay Wren :: Jay Wren's blog
- Steven Harman :: Steven Harman's blog